News

World Transfers - first sunset server transfers

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Turbine has announced the sunset server transfers will begin next week. This is the post on the LOTRO forums:

First World Transfers Opening!

On September 14th we will begin transfers off of the first two of our closing worlds Elendilmir- US and Estel- EU. On that day the transfer button will appear in the launcher and allow players to move characters and accounts for free from Elendilmir and Estel ONLY to any of the remaining worlds for the corresponding region. (US- Arkenstone, Crickhollow, Landroval and Gladden *Brandywine remains closed to transfers at this time. EU- Belegaer, Gwaihir, Sirannon, Laurelin, and Evernight) After this date free transfers off Elendilmir and Estel, will remain available. There is no need to rush into making a decision. You will continue to be able to play on your source world until 2016. If you wish to move to Brandywine and are on a US source world, you can stay on your source world until we re-open Brandywine as a destination world. We expect to do this towards the end of the year.

Kinship leaders and members of Elendilmir and Estel, prepare for your moves and make sure to check in to see where your kinship mates and friends plan to go. Remember that to make a Kinship transfer smooth, the Kinship Leader should move character and shared data to the destination world first, followed by the Kinship members so that everyone is auto-added on the new world. More info on Kinship and Tribe moves here: https://www.lotro.com/en/game/articl...transfer-guide

We will monitor these transfers and the health of the populations of the destination worlds and will move on to the next two worlds in the weeks following if all is well. You can see a list of closing worlds in order here: https://www.lotro.com/en/game/articl...e-announcement

In the meantime we are working away in the background setting up the new hardware and datacenter to make the remaining worlds ready for you to enjoy. Transfers between remaining worlds will reopen after the new hardware is in place.

All the info on the consolidation effort and the details on transfers and what goes with you along with an FAQ can be found here: https://www.lotro.com/en/game/articles/world-transfers
Thank you all for your continued patience and feedback on this process!

Athena “Vyvyanne” Peters
Executive Producer, Lord of the Rings Online

Server transfers started this morning. First sunset worlds are Estel and Elendilmir.

I transferred my Estel Jaocynthe to Gwaiar first. After starting the transfer, I walked away from the computer for an hour, and when I came back the transfer was complete.

I spent time reorganizing shared storage - while they combined both worlds' shared storage with no item loss, the items were not stacked together and there was overflow. So my storage had two stacks of copper ore, for example, and I had to pull them out of storage to combine them, and then there wasn't any way to put them back into storage until I had combined another 20 stacks of items to make space in shared storage.

On Gwaiar, I had the opportunity to change the name of Jaocynthe-1 to Starr. I had expected some sort of tradable token, but that is not how it worked. Since I got the name I wanted, I am happy at this point. There will be another dozen Jaocynthe's arriving on servers with a resident Jaocynthe, so I will have plenty of opportunity to discover any flaws in the naming system later. :)

I started the transfer process from Elendilmir to Gladden, and it is now taking a rather longish time for the transfer to complete. While my transfer is still in process I am locked out of the game with a "failed to queue for server" error message. Some folks who are transferring kinships are freaking out about the delay, but everything is probably fine.

More info later....

Both Frelorn and Vyvyanne have comments to the effect that due to the volume of transfers, the transfer process is taking longer than anyone expected.  Find Frelorn's comment here (#4),  and Vyvyanne's comment here (#4) .

Patience is advised, and you are correct, Jancis.   Start the process, then walk away and do something else for a while. 

HOUSING  (Shire Homesteads)    Open to Kin.  Come and Visit. Sit by the fire. have a cup of tea, and dream a while. 

EU Servers:                                                                       
Belegaer (9);   Evernight (23) - 1 Myrtle Court, Thatchacre;  Gwaihir  (18) - 6 Brookbank Street, Grassvale;  Laurelin (25) - 5 Myrtle Court, Berrybridge; Sirannon (25) - 2 Wending Way, Thatchacre                                                                                                  

NA Servers:                            

Arkenstone (15) - 6 Brookbank Street, Thatchacre;  Brandywine (15) - 4 Wending Way. Greyheight;  Crickhollow (28) - 2 Brookbank Street, Goosevale;  Gladden (25) - 6 Brookbank Street, GreyheightLandroval (25) 

____ 

Larkssong (aka:  Larksie, Little Lark) - Main -  Female Hobbit Minstrel -  on all Regular Servers (Not on Legendary) and in all SB sattelite kin. Crafting Profession (not current):  Woodman.   Home: Crickhollow.

Members of the Appledumpling Gang:   Crickhollow:  Romeapple  AppleDumpling (Female Hobbit Burglar). Crafting Profession (not current):  Jeweler. Sirannon:  Pommederome (Female Hobbit Burglar).  Crafting Profession (not current):  Jeweler.

Today, there were several threads in Lotro Forums about the long delays in transferring.   Some players are transferring their characters in just a few minutes, but others are taking hours.   

HOUSING  (Shire Homesteads)    Open to Kin.  Come and Visit. Sit by the fire. have a cup of tea, and dream a while. 

EU Servers:                                                                       
Belegaer (9);   Evernight (23) - 1 Myrtle Court, Thatchacre;  Gwaihir  (18) - 6 Brookbank Street, Grassvale;  Laurelin (25) - 5 Myrtle Court, Berrybridge; Sirannon (25) - 2 Wending Way, Thatchacre                                                                                                  

NA Servers:                            

Arkenstone (15) - 6 Brookbank Street, Thatchacre;  Brandywine (15) - 4 Wending Way. Greyheight;  Crickhollow (28) - 2 Brookbank Street, Goosevale;  Gladden (25) - 6 Brookbank Street, GreyheightLandroval (25) 

____ 

Larkssong (aka:  Larksie, Little Lark) - Main -  Female Hobbit Minstrel -  on all Regular Servers (Not on Legendary) and in all SB sattelite kin. Crafting Profession (not current):  Woodman.   Home: Crickhollow.

Members of the Appledumpling Gang:   Crickhollow:  Romeapple  AppleDumpling (Female Hobbit Burglar). Crafting Profession (not current):  Jeweler. Sirannon:  Pommederome (Female Hobbit Burglar).  Crafting Profession (not current):  Jeweler.

There ain't any great rush t' get transfers done; all servers will be available t' transfer from til January, so unless y' have a urgent need t' get started, it might be better t' hold off till th' activity dies down a bit...

Characters: Dallofin Bolderbrook, Foxfern Gullywash, Erriwende Baelwealda, Celbrethion Hathollos, Futhork Stonescriber, Garaeth Raedstan, Lisbit Honeymeade, Priyzgard, Thaelo Thistledown, Naurfin (On Crickhollow)

Dallofin Bolderbrook, Folbri Fairbeard, Kheshli (on Landroval) 

Dallofin, Delphinea (on Laurelin)

Dallofin, Leidi (on Sirannon)

Rules is nothin more than th' Cliff's Notes of Experience.

Frelorn says: World transfers off of Gilrain will be available on September 28th and Riddermark will be available on September 29th!

Gilrain transfers are underway. I did mine early this morning, and the transfers went smoothly and took only a few minutes. I heard people talking about their uncertainty about where the items in their houses were ending up, but I haven't moved a house yet so I don't know what is actually happening there.

Alas, my name is taken on Laurelin, as are my favourite back-up names. Jancis of Gilrain is stuck with Jancis-1. And I had to give Jaocynthe of Gilrain a name I normally use for dwarves or jewelers. Bah.

Riddermark transfers today - they started out bumpy and had to restart the server. Two of my characters moved to Crickhollow. Troubles with naming.

Vyvyanne says:

Eldar and Firefoot

World transfers off of Eldar will be available on October 5th.

World transfers off of Firefoot will be available October 6th.

Thank you for keeping us apprised of the transfer situation; you certainly have a large "family" to manage! By the way, what is the meaning of Jaocynthe? I would not have expected it to be taken.

2 Twinfall Path, Tund Faroth, Falathlorn Homesteads

2 Cypress Road, Tol Faen, Belfalas Homesteads
Do drop in. The doors are always open!

Willowing, Grimbear, Rosewynda, Marewyng, Ingrid, Hollydell, Laurelberry,
Merieloran, Gadrian, Linhaewen, Berangar, Athdan, Faerstar (4 Twinfall Path, Tund Faroth, Falathlorn),
Olangrim (1 Waterbank Road, Tund Faroth, Falathlorn), Gwencara (1 Brookbank Street, Greyheight, Shire),
Mossley (of the Frogmorton Middleworths), and Larksong of Crickhollow
Larkfeather, Faerstar and Olangrim of Landroval

Breakfast: the best meals of the day.

Jaocynthe was taken because there are twenty-nine active Jaocynthes in LOTRO, one on every server, and they all are on the same account - mine. So I know that nineteen of them will need to learn new names as they transfer. 

Jaocynthe is an old name; I've been Jaocynthe since high school, since before computers were part of the gaming world, back when everything was reference books, scratch pads of records and copious sheets of graph paper with dungeon drawings. I think the only name I've been using for longer is Star (and Star is often difficult name to get in computer worlds).

Thank you for asking!

Bumping thread back to Recent Posts after my work this morning.

2 Twinfall Path, Tund Faroth, Falathlorn Homesteads

2 Cypress Road, Tol Faen, Belfalas Homesteads
Do drop in. The doors are always open!

Willowing, Grimbear, Rosewynda, Marewyng, Ingrid, Hollydell, Laurelberry,
Merieloran, Gadrian, Linhaewen, Berangar, Athdan, Faerstar (4 Twinfall Path, Tund Faroth, Falathlorn),
Olangrim (1 Waterbank Road, Tund Faroth, Falathlorn), Gwencara (1 Brookbank Street, Greyheight, Shire),
Mossley (of the Frogmorton Middleworths), and Larksong of Crickhollow
Larkfeather, Faerstar and Olangrim of Landroval

Breakfast: the best meals of the day.

Eldar transfers this morning. Mine took about 20 minutes. Renaming okay.

There was a farewell party on Eldar at the west Bree gate. People were forming "the final Pelargir duo" and the "last chicken run".

Vyvyanne says:

World transfers off of Anduin will be available on October 12th.

World transfers off of Nimrodel will be available October 13th.

Vyvyanne says:

World transfers off of Morthond will be available on October 19th.

World transfers off of Windfola will be available October 20th.

No FB Yes FB Hand (smaller) Lap 40.063em Desk 64.063em Wall 90.063em