Post new topic   Reply to topic    Second Breakfast Forum Index -> Music System & Breakfast Club News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luventhariel
Events Officer

re: Singing in Game

Just a little trick I learned this weekend.  When I first started singing lyrics in-game, I used Poetical, and just the lyrics.  

Then, because of confusion in the chat panel, switched to puting a '~' before each stanza.

But at Winterstock, I noticed several bands had a nifty musical note show up before each line in their chat bubble.  So I had to ask...

While you are in poetical, while editing the lyrics, before each line, use your keyboard and 12-key pad to enter "Alt + 13" to get a single note, "Alt + 14" for a double note.  In Poetical, it will show up as a "?".

It will also show up as a "?" in the chat box, but will place a note symbol in the chat bubble.

You can also do this in the "Say" channel.  Just type "Alt + 14" and space, then whatever you wish to sing, and the note symbol will show up in your chat bubble.  Again, it will only show a "?" in the actual chat box, so people who aren't seeing the bubbles will just see the "?".

Just thought I'd pass this info on to all who might not know it.

There are many other symbols that you can use here:  http://www.alt-codes.net/

"It is better to have more lightning in your hand, than thunder in your mouth" - Ingwë Morfion

I'm also Appletart, Villrvif and Whosagoodpuppy here on Crickhollow; and Luventhariel on Landroval too.   Happy
shawnt63
Leader

Very Cool!

Alladain, Ballinor, Drummor, Finarphin, Gilluin, Glindor, Loladain and Tarpharazon. (Haladain is also me!)
Everbrock
Quartermaster

Thanks Luventhariel, I've wondered about that too. image

Yargwine ~ Beorning Woodsman

No. 6 Harrow Road, Greyheight, Shire Homesteads
No. 1 Windy Lane, Tol Faen, Belfalas Homesteads
Duriron
Iron Rose

That is cool!

Duriron, a friendly dwarf: 3 Low Street, Gulgill, Thorin's Hall Homesteads. Drop by sometime and see me rustic decorating :-)

(alts: Bironn, Karaxe, and Angmaretto. Monster player is Miyles Mayhem)
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Second Breakfast Forum Index -> Music System & Breakfast Club News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum